Saturday, October 16, 2010

Welcome!

I will begin by saying I have no idea why it has taken me so long to make the transition to blogging! It's a natural fit for me, as I love to write.

I began the HomeBizJunction.com website in January of 2000 and it is still online today. during that time I published numerous articles about earning an income from home, many of which are still archived throughout the internet. In the coming weeks I will be importing this information from my website. In the meantime, you can access the articles here if you care to read any of them.

When I started the website in 2000 there were no blogs...none that I knew about, anyway. So one of the common ways to stay in touch with visitors was by way of an online newsletter. I published the HomeBizJunction Herald for a number of years, a vehicle which allowed me to share the most up to date resources to subscribers who were interested in working from home.

At the time my focus was more on operating a home based business as opposed to working for others from home. The reason? At that time legitimate work from home jobs were few and far between - but scams weren't, unfortunately. And a good part of my focus was making sure my subscribers knew what was legitimate and what wasn't.

Amazing advances in online technology in the past 10 years have changed the entire landscape of work at home opportunities. With more and more companies hiring independent contractors to work from their homes in a variety of positions, working at home has now become a reality for many people. I have personally been fascinated with this new phenomenon, known as homeshoring, and will be exploring this avenue of home-based income as well.

Other things planned for followers of this blog include exciting giveaways as well as the most up to date information regarding the best ways to earn an income from home. So be sure to follow this blog so that you don't miss any of the important details!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cathy! I'm not sure if you remember me but you helped me work up the courage to start my first newsletter and now about 10 years later, I am also trying to work up to starting a blog! How is it going for you? I would love to hear how you finally made the blog jump. ;-)

    Thanks for all your help all those years ago!

    Terri Seymour
    www.Seymourproducts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I remember you, Terri! I hope all is going well for you. Still getting my feet wet with the blog but it's so much easier to update content this way. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete